Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Past Week

Ok, so I need to update my blog. The last week has been good. The 4th of July weekend was fun. BBQ'd with my sister and brother and their families on Friday, hung out with my husband's family on Saturday and had family day on Sunday. Family day was awesome. We built forts, played memory, and took the kids to the new park for a picnic and some play time (baseball included). I felt like I was able to get in some good quality one-on-one time with each of my kiddos. The week has been pretty normal but we are having an issue with Q (middle child). He thinks playing with his poo is fun so he digs it out of his diaper here and there. We have decided to implement a new strategy to kick this problem in the butt. ha ha that was appropriate. I researched and many parents say putting your child in a cold shower right after it happens works. It can't hurt to try.

Needless to say he did it again last night so I was happy to use my new technique. Somehow it got all messed up in the process. On my way to pick him up and take him to the cold shower, he tried to get away and fell on to his toy bucket (where he put his poo). He cut his eye pretty good. I didn't notice right away so I started my journey up the stairs to the shower, stripped him down and put him in it. My husband says, "What are you doing? His eye is bleeding." I, naturally feel bad, how can i go through with my punishment when he is hurt. Ok, so we will implement this new strategy tomorrow. ha ha. I ended up telling him to look at himself and that the poo kicked his booty. I think he may be affraid of it now. lol We will see.

Park pics to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment